Tuesday, July 13, 2010

E-Mail Problems

Hi there!

Some people who e-mailed me this past weekend got their messaged bounced back.  Here's why:

What happened was that I went out of town on Thursday, to attend a weekend festival. When I came home, I found my telephone not working, the cable TV down, and my internet non-existant. When I called my cable company (who runs all three), the conversation went something like this:


ME
Excuse me, but my services aren't working.

CABLE COMPANY
Māpha karanā bēvakūphī paradēśī, lēkina maiṁ āpakī bhāṣā nahīṁ bōlatā!

ME
Uh, could you transfer me to someone who speaks the strange imitation of English that we speak in America?

CABLE COMPANY
Bhāṛa mēṁ jā'ō tuma, pakaṛa kr̥payā...(different voice) Hello, Daniel my name is. How can you I help?

ME
Uh, my services are down...

CABLE COMPANY
Check on that for you I can...hold please. (Several minutes later) OK...your services are out, but a good reason there is.

ME
And that reason is...?

CABLE COMPANY
You owe us money.

ME
Money?

CABLE COMPANY
Yes. (X amount).

ME
(X amount)?

CABLE COMPANY
That's right.

ME
What about the (X amount) I paid you rwo weeks ago?

CABLE COMPANY
What (X amount) you paid when?

ME
The (X amount) I paid on June 25th.

CABLE COMPANY
You made a payment?

ME
Yep. And the confirmation code was (long pointless confirmation code).

CABLE COMPANY
Oh...THAT payment.

ME
I'd like to speak to a supervisor please.

CABLE COMPANY
No problem! (line clicks) Tuma phira sē? Aba kyā?

In the end, I got everything turned back on. However, this caused my e-mail to be suspended over the weekend, so if you sent anything, It more than  likely bounced back to you. Sorry about that. Also, allow me to apologise for this mass e-mail, but It will take time to get back to everyone, and I wanted you all to know A: What went wrong, and B: That I WILL be getting back to people individually if we were already corresponding about something. 

 If you sent me something new, please re-send it. And as always, my apologies for things being a bit behind, e-mail wise. Some day, I'll be able to  send messages just by thinking about it. Until that day, I'll need to depend on typing, which is NOT my fastest skill!

If you aren't talking to me about anything and don't have anything new to say, then go ahead and check your tire pressure. Or your blood pressure.  Just do SOMETHING...I like to be useful!


 - Taliesin

No comments:

Post a Comment